All-clear sounded at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland after active shooter warning
SAN ANTOINO, Texas (KWTX) -The all-clear was sounded at around 3 p.m. Wednesday at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, after an active shooter warning was issued earlier in the afternoon.
No injuries were reported.
Authorities initially indicated two people were suspected of shooting into the base from outside the Valley Hi Gate toward an area where personnel were training.
Air Force officials later said there were reports of two gunshots fired into the base.
It wasn’t clear Wednesday afternoon whether anyone saw a gunman, and investigators are trying to determine whether the gunfire report was a false alarm, Lt. Col Brian Loveless said.
The initial lockdown warning was issued at around 12:30 p.m. Wednesday.
“Active Shooter lockdown on LAK,” the alert said.
“All base personnel implement LOCKDOWN procedures and immediately take cover.”
An update issued about an hour later said, “there are no suspected injuries at this time.”
San Antonio police and Bexar County sheriff’s deputies responded to the base.
“JBSA emergency responders are working with the SAPD to clear the area and search for the shooters,” the update said.
No further details were immediately available.
Copyright 2021 KWTX. All rights reserved.