ERCOT, the operator of most of the state’s electric grid, issued a call for conservation on June 14 and on high-demand days through the summer ahead similar requests are possible. Here are some tips on how to save power when demand is high:
· Turn off any unnecessary lights and equipment.
· Turn thermostat up to 78 degrees or higher
· Set programmable thermostats to higher temperatures when no one is home.
· Use fans to feel 4 to 6 degrees cooler.
· Limit use of large appliances (i.e., dishwasher, washer, dryer, etc.).
· If you cook indoors, use a microwave or slow cooker.
· Close blinds and drapes during late afternoon.
· Schedule pool pumps to run in the early morning or overnight hours.
(Source: Oncor, ERCOT)
Copyright 2021 KWTX. All rights reserved.