Boating Safety Tips from Marineland Boating Center
Published: Jul. 21, 2022 at 11:07 AM CDT
Central Texas is so fortunate to have some of the state’s most beautiful lakes!
KWTX and Marineland Boating Center have a short list of tips to keep you and your family safe while on the water.
- Pay Attention and have a passenger as a look-out
- Wear the proper life jackets and have a Boating Safety Kit
- Check the weather beforehand
- Don’t overload the boat.
- No swimming while the motor is running
- Avoid alcohol
- Operate at a safe speed
- Watch out for low-water areas and submerged objects
For more tips, check out Summer Boating Safety Tips + Reminders from The Waco Moms blog.